You all know that I spend too much time watching YouTube, and one of my favorite beauty YouTubers is Georgia Harris. She’s cool as hell, and a little weird, and she likes Pokemon and beanies and I’m into it. She’s not your typical cookie cutter influencer and that’s a big part of her appeal.
Anyway, she made her own tag, and since I’m already fried this week and need post ideas, I decided I’d do it even though I don’t make videos. Vloggers and bloggers are two sides of the same coin, right? I think so.
So here we go:
1. How long have you been collecting makeup? I don’t know about collecting, but I’ve been wearing and into makeup since I was a teenager. I was always into having more makeup than I really needed. Does that count as collecting?
2. What kind of collection do you have? Minimal, utilitarian, aesthetic, historical, etc. It’s definitely not minimal… it’s more like, whatever the hell I want. There isn’t really any rhyme or reason to it beyond just the stuff I like and want.
3. Are you a completionist? Not at all… if there are pieces in a collection that I’m not into or won’t use I don’t feel the need to purchase them.
4. How do you store/organize your collection? Ugh it’s all in cardboard boxes still. I moved a few months ago and I’m still in the process of attempting to organize my makeup and my office and really my entire life.
5. What is your favorite thing about your collection? My favorite thing about my collection is that it’s really eclectic. I’ve got a nice mix of drugstore, indie and prestige brands and a lot of hard to find limited editions.
6. What is your least favorite thing about/something to improve your collection? The organization. This is an area of my life that’s lacking anyway, and I feel like my makeup is the part that needs it the most.
7. What is the biggest category of your collection? Eyeshadow palettes. Or lip products. I’ve been collecting palettes for years, but it’s only been in the last couple of years that I’ve started wearing lip products, and I kind of went HAM.
8. What is the smallest category of your collection? Highlighters, and cheek products in general. I don’t use a lot of blush/bronze/highlights so I only have a handful. Oh, and liners. I literally never use them so I think I have like 2.
9. Do you have a “holy grail” in your collection? Benefit Gimme Brow. It’s one of the only things that I use completely and keep repurchasing.
10. Do you ever wish your collection was bigger/smaller or is it complete? Is none of the above an option? I don’t wish it was bigger, but I also don’t want less, but I also don’t feel like it’s complete. Can it ever really be complete?
11. How often do you declutter makeup in your collection? Any time I try to use something that’s old and crusty, or if I decide I really hate something. I don’t do big declutters often but stuff leaves my collection when it needs to.
12. Do you ever get envious seeing other people’s makeup collections? Never. Unless it’s beautifully organized.
13. Who on YouTube has the best makeup collection video? I don’t watch those videos often, but thataylaa has a good “shop my stash” video, and she does a lot of good organization videos.
14. What’s some advice you’d give to a future makeup collector? Go. Easy. You don’t need to buy every product that’s recommended on YouTube. Most of those influencers aren’t actually “obsessed” with those products anyway. Think about your lifestyle and the kinds of things that will realistically fit into it. Also: don’t buy rainbow highlighters. You’ll never use them.
Now, tag, you’re it. If you do this tag leave your post in the comments so I can read it!