This is going to sound really bad, but I love winning awards. Partly because I like the accolades and partly because I like seeing the questions other bloggers ask.
The guidelines for this award are straightforward.
- Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you in the post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog
I was nominated by Yes More Blogs. I like his blog because a) it’s mostly about books and random stuff, and b) he’s British and I’m a borderline Anglophile. Since this is my second award I’m not going to nominate other blogs, but I will answer the questions posed in the nominations post.
- Short or long chapters? Somewhere in between
- Favourite reading spot? I have a huge sectional sofa, and I make myself a reading nest in the center seat where the two pieces meet.
- Best bookish moment? I’m interpreting this as my best moment as a book nerd;
- Most books by one author? Stephen King, Anne Rice or Charlaine Harris, though the latter disappointed me and I might never read one of her books again
- Bookshop or online? Whatever’s cheaper
- Bookmarks or page fold? Bookmarks. What kind of savage do you think I am?
- Library or buy the book? Library, unless I think I’ll read a book more than once
- Let people borrow or guard with your life? I let people borrow my books all the time, even books I love. They’re not doing any good or spreading joy collecting dust on my bookshelf.
- Favourite book of all time? Oh man, how does one pick a favorite? It would be either the collected works of Edgar Allen Poe or Gone With the Wind.
- Best book to movie adaptation? Gone With the Wind is pretty good, but lacking a lot of detail. Normally I had the movie adaptations, but I don’t mind this one. Also, Jaws. The book was terrible so the quality could really only go up.
I really love talking and thinking about books. I think I’ll go read one now.